- Start date: Revolving
- Duration: One 4-hour session
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: On-Site
Sometimes called a “Field Examiner” or “Mobile Phlebotomist,” this exciting career is performing physical exams on clients for insurance companies. The exams are done at client’s home or business. Duties include taking a detailed medical history, gathering and recording vital signs, venipuncture, and performing a resting EKG. As an independent contractor, you set your own schedule and can even make your own appointments with clients directly. This course consists of:
After completing the workshop, students will be issued a workshop certificate to bolster their resume and qualifications.
Skills Taught in this Workshop:
- Performing a complete insurance physical
- Performing a resting EKG using a Schiller AT-1 mobile EKG machine
- Medical terminology for taking a detailed medical history
- Taking accurate blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, chest and waist measurements
- Urine drug screen collection following chain of custody
- Mobile phlebotomy (tips from the pros)
- Explaining your work orders, paramed forms and lab slips
- How to maximize your earnings by managing your independent contractor schedule
- How to get started being an independent contractor
Performs health screenings at health fairs as an independent contractor. We will teach you how to perform all the health screening duties:
Skills Taught in this portion:
- Performing a finger stick and test for cholesterol and glucose
- Using a Cholestech LDX machine
- Taking blood pressure using both a stethoscope and manual cuff, and automatic cuff
- Performing accurate BMI, body composition, height and weight
- Health coaching/education: provide coaching on test results for cholesterol, glucose, triglycerides, blood pressure and BMI
After this one day workshop, you will receive a certificate of completion for Paramedical Examiner/Health Screening Training.
STLSP Clinical Workshop Paramedical Examiner and Health/Wellness Screener Admissions Requirements:
See upcoming class dates below and register today to secure your seat in an upcoming session!
STLSP Clinical Workshops consists of the two following parts:
|Approximately two hour lecture will proceed the hand-on skills portion of the lab.||Introduction to equipment and hands-on practice.|
|A book is provided to you for reference.||Practical demonstration and instructor feedback.|
|Material is presented by a qualified state approved instructor.||Student skill participation and guidance.|
Total Cost: $200
The following is the break-down for tuition and fees for STLSP Clinical Workshops.
- Registration fee: $20
- Tuition: $180
Upcoming 2023/2024 Paramedical Examiner Schedule
Classes meet for one session.
There are no classes scheduled at this time